Welcome back, Guardians! The Destiny 2 Beta is upon us this week, and we have a great idea of what to expect thanks to Bungie & IGN rolling out information in a timely manner. Bungie has set everything up on their end for this next week, and now it is our turn to return the favor.
Setting up for Destiny 2 Beta
As of right now, anyone that has pre-ordered a copy of Destiny 2 on PS4 or Xbox One can get their Destiny 2 Beta game pre-loaded right now. There are a few steps you need to follow redeem the beta code if pre-ordered from outside the PlayStation or Xbox digital stores.
- if you don’t already have a Bungie.net account you need to make one for your system of choice on their website.
- Redeem Pre-Order code at https://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption (make sure you select the appropriate system)
- Next, visit your Redeemed Codes page on Bungie.net
- Now take the code from that page and enter it in either the PlayStation or Xbox One console where you would redeem codes.
That’s it, once complete go ahead and select download and preload your game. Don’t be surprised if you see updates as the beta gets closer. Right now, it’s all about making the final tweaks in preparation for game release.
For those of you who did pre-order digitally, you will have to go into the store and select the Beta to download since you will have access tied to your gamer tag from ordering.
For further FAQ’s visit Bungie.net for detailed guide
Doing Our Part as the Destiny Community
As you know Bungie has spent countless numbers of hours getting us to this point for Destiny 2. Now it is our time to return the favor and be the big supporting community that we have come to know and love. We will most likely decimate the number of hours they have play tested in the Alpha during the Beta week.
That being said, we need to make sure we are reporting any issues that we are running into or any trends that need to be fixed. At this point in time, there isn’t going to be any major foundational changes so keep that in mind.
As I stated earlier Bungie has done their part, now it’s time for us to do our own for the game that we have come to love. Let’s make it a better game, find those issues, test those guns, test out new tactics. Then we have to report back to Bungie with what we have found.
Bungie has two different forum pages set up to help us record this data to help them out during their crunch time just prior to release. The Feedback Forum will be used for any game change suggestions, as in class improvements, weapons balancing, ability balancing, etc. While the Game Issues Forum will be used to report any malfunctions with in the game like error codes, weapons or perks not working or general game malfunctions.
Known Issues in Destiny 2 Beta
This past Thursday Bungie put out a news covering specifics for getting ready for the Beta. In this, they have also listed the current known issues for the beta game load which is listed below.
- Players may experience a variety of networking error codes when attempting to play the Beta.
- Bungie will be testing server stability throughout the Beta, which may cause error codes to appear periodically.
- Location names sometimes do not appear during Crucible gameplay.
- Players sometimes are Kicked to Orbit after witnessing a black screen when entering a Countdown match.
- Players may sometimes be placed at the beginning of the Inverted Spire Strike Activity when joining in progress.
- Sandbox balancing is still taking place: Some weapons or abilities may have higher or lower damage than intended.
- Not all content has been localized in all languages
- If you encounter any network related issues during the Destiny 2 Beta, please follow our Network Troubleshooting Guide to ensure proper network settings for Destiny gameplay.
If you need further help you can contact Bungie in their Help Forum.
Now keep in mind, this is still a Beta load. As stated above Bungie will still be doing testing and minor tweaks throughout the Beta week. As of right now, we are on version 1.02. Don’t be surprised if there are future updates during the Beta week. If all else fails @BungieHelp will be there with us to let us know what is going on.
I will see you all in the Beta this week. I am looking forward to taking on strikes with you. Or taking down fellow Guardians in the Crucible.